Anaheim Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Any personal injury has the potential to be a life-changing experience. However, traumatic brain injuries are some of the most severe injuries a person can suffer. When these injuries occur due to the negligence of others, victims understandably feel a mix of frustration, desperation, and uncertainty when it comes to recovery. If another party bears responsibility for a traumatic brain injury that you or someone you love recently suffered, you need skilled and compassionate help. You have the right to hold them accountable for their actions and seek compensation for your losses.
Legal Representation for Anaheim Brain Injury Cases
Chris and Frank is a team of experienced Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorneys who can help you determine your best options for legal recourse in this situation. When another party bears liability for a traumatic brain injury, the victim will need professional legal support and guidance as they navigate the problematic proceedings required for securing compensation for their losses. If you find yourself in this situation, we can give the legal representation you need to approach your case with confidence and peace of mind.
Why Should I Hire an Anaheim Brain Injury Attorney?
You might think that if the fault for your recent brain injury is abundantly clear, you should have no trouble managing your case on your own, saving money on legal fees. You stand to lose much more than you would potentially save by foregoing legal counsel. Even if you manage to succeed with your claim, you are likely to overlook available channels of compensation and settle for less than you should. Additionally, it would be very difficult to manage your legal proceedings and recovery simultaneously.
Instead of making an already difficult situation even more demanding by attempting to handle your case alone, have an experienced Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorney represent you. You can rely on your attorney to handle your case on your behalf so you can focus on your medical needs and your household. Ultimately, you are more likely to maximize your recovery to the fullest possible extent when you have an experienced Anaheim traumatic brain injury lawyer representing your personal injury claim.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in California
Traumatic brain injuries can happen without warning in several ways. When filing a personal injury claim in response to a head injury, the determining factor is whether another party’s actions directly caused the injury. If you believe another party bears fault for your traumatic brain injury, your attorney will help you hold them accountable for the resulting damages.
Some of the most commonly reported causes of traumatic brain injuries that lead to personal injury claims in in the state are:
- Car accidents. If a negligent driver causes an accident that results in a traumatic brain injury, the at-fault driver assumes responsibility for the resulting damages. While you may be able to file an auto insurance claim for some recovery, the at-fault driver’s insurance may not fully cover the damages resulting from a traumatic brain injury. An Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorney can assist you in taking further legal action against the driver who caused your traumatic brain injury.
- Workplace injuries. If you sustain any injury at work in California, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim. However, suppose your injury resulted from an intentional act of harm. If so, if your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance as required by state law, or if a third party caused your head injury at work, you likely have grounds for legal action beyond the workers’ compensation system.
- Interpersonal violence. When someone commits an assault or domestic violence and causes a traumatic brain injury, they are liable for the victim’s civil damages and face criminal prosecution. If you have suffered a head injury from a violent crime, your Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorney can work closely with the police to gather the evidence and hold the perpetrator accountable.
- Slip and fall accidents. A “slip and fall” may sound minor, but these incidents commonly cause devastating injuries. If you sustained a brain injury from a slip and fall on another person’s property, you likely have grounds for a lawsuit under California’s premises liability law.
These are only a few possible ways for traumatic brain injuries to lead to personal injury claims in Anaheim, CA. If you believe another party bears responsibility for your recent head injury, discuss the case with our team. An experienced Anaheim traumatic brain injury lawyer has the insight to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Proving Fault for Injuries to the Brain
Success with any personal injury claim requires correctly identifying the party responsible for the injury and proving their actions led directly to your damages. Your Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorney can assist you in collecting the evidence you may need to substantiate your claim, such as physical evidence from the scene of the incident in question and statements from eyewitnesses who saw it happen.
Most personal injury claims revolve around the concept of negligence or a failure to act with reasonable care. However, suppose a traumatic brain injury claim pertains to intentional misconduct or an act of criminal violence. If so, the plaintiff does not necessarily need to prove the defendant was negligent, only that their actions were intentionally harmful and directly caused the plaintiff’s claimed damages.
In addition to establishing negligence or intentional harm in a personal injury case, the plaintiff must also provide the court with a complete list of all the damages resulting from the defendant’s actions. Their attorney will help them establish causation between the defendant’s actions and the plaintiff’s damages. The plaintiff must provide evidence that shows their damages would not have occurred if not for the defendant’s actions.
Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injury in Orange County, California
Traumatic brain injuries are incredibly damaging, and the victim is likely to experience a wide range of adverse effects from this kind of experience. Successful personal injury claims in Anaheim, CA, could yield both economic and non-economic damages for the plaintiff. Economic damages are more straightforward and include the measurable financial losses resulting from a defendant’s actions. Economic damages in traumatic brain injury claims are likely to include:
- Property losses, if the defendant’s actions also resulted in damage to the victim’s personal property, such as their vehicle or home.
- Medical expenses, both immediate and future. California state law says that a plaintiff in a personal injury case can seek compensation for medical expenses incurred immediately after their injuries and future medical costs when their injuries demand long-term rehabilitation, multiple surgeries, and other extensive treatments.
- Lost income. A traumatic brain injury is likely to prevent the victim from working for a long time while they recover, and they may add lost wages to their claim.
- Lost earning capacity. If a traumatic brain injury results in a permanent disability, the victim may not be able to resume working at all. An Anaheim traumatic brain injury lawyer will help their client obtain compensation for projected future income they would have reasonably expected to earn if they could continue working.
- Pain and suffering. Traumatic brain injuries are incredibly damaging, and the aftermath of a severe head injury can be incredibly distressing. Your attorney can help you seek compensation for your physical pain and emotional distress caused by the defendant’s actions.
Once you have an experienced Anaheim traumatic brain injury attorney working on your case, you may quickly learn that you are entitled to much more compensation than you initially expected.
Q: How Much Is a Head Injury Lawsuit Worth?
A: Your Anaheim traumatic brain injury lawyer will assist you in calculating the total damages you could potentially secure from a successful lawsuit. When you account for economic damages and compensation for pain and suffering, your claim could yield a substantial award if you win.
Q: How Much Does It Cost to Treat a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A: Most traumatic brain injuries require extensive immediate treatment and ongoing care. Those who develop permanent disabilities from their experiences are likely to incur expensive medical costs for managing their symptoms and medical needs for years to come.
Q: Has Anyone Recovered From Traumatic Brain Injury?
A: It’s possible to make a complete recovery from some traumatic brain injuries. However, these injuries have a very high chance of causing permanent medical complications. At the very least, the victim will be more susceptible to brain injuries in the future after recovering from their first traumatic brain injury.
Q: What Are the Two Types of Traumatic Brain Injury?
A: Traumatic brain injuries may either be “open” or “closed.” An “open” head injury means something has penetrated or broken the skull, such as a gunshot or crushing injury. “Closed” head injuries do not involve penetration of the skull. The most common type of closed head injury is concussions.
Chris and Frank Offer Anaheim Legal Help
It’s natural to feel uncertain and desperate after another party has caused a traumatic brain injury to you or your loved one. Any traumatic brain injury is likely to cause a host of immediate damages and long-term damages that can pose significant problems for any family. If you believe another party is responsible for your recent traumatic brain injury, Chris and Frank can help. If you are ready to discuss your case with an experienced and compassionate Anaheim traumatic brain injury lawyer, contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about the legal services we provide.
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!