Costa Mesa Bus Accident Attorney
Buses are integral parts of the California transportation system. Public buses offer affordable transportation around the various metropolitan areas of southern California. Charter buses and private bus services offer comfortable long-distance road transportation. Children throughout California ride school buses every day to and from their schools.
Representing Bus Accident Victims in Costa Mesa, CA
Some bus accidents result from the negligent actions of bus drivers, while others are the results of other drivers. Many bus accidents result in injuries to many or all of the passengers riding the bus and the occupants of the other vehicles involved in the crash. It’s also possible for bus accidents to injure motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
The attorneys at Chris and Frank have years of experience representing Costa Mesa, CA, clients in a wide range of personal injury claims, including complex cases involving bus accidents. Our team understands the difficult challenges these cases can pose to victims and their families. As a result, we can provide the detail-oriented legal guidance you need to navigate your case successfully.
Why You Need Legal Representation After a Bus Accident
It’s natural to have many questions about your rights and legal options after any motor vehicle accident. However, bus accidents often raise tough legal questions, such as how you can determine liability for your damages. A Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer is an invaluable resource in this situation.
The average person with no formal legal training or experience with the civil court system would probably be lost when filing a civil claim of any kind on their own. If you believe you could handle your bus accident claim without the help of a Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer, it is crucial to understand the risks of your decision.
First, you would need to meet all of the court’s procedural requirements. This includes timely filings of required paperwork and documentation and attending all preliminary hearings. Missing just one court filing deadline can have dramatic repercussions on your case. Second, you would need to handle all these obligations fluently while managing the aftermath of your personal injury. A bus accident can cause severe injuries that in turn generate expensive medical bills and financial pressure from the inability to work while you recover.
Instead of facing these incredible challenges unassisted, secure legal counsel from an experienced Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer. Your legal counsel can guide you through every phase of your case while handling your procedural requirements on your behalf. This provides you peace of mind and the freedom to rest and recover with confidence knowing your case is in capable hands.
How Do Orange County Bus Accidents Happen?
Bus accidents happen for many of the same reasons as other motor vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving. All drivers are responsible for paying attention to the road while operating their vehicles. Even a few seconds of distracted driving could easily cause a devastating bus accident. If a bus driver fails to pay attention, they could easily cause an accident with another vehicle. Other distracted drivers may fail to notice a bus pulling in front of them or run red lights resulting in intersection accidents.
- Driving under the influence (DUI). Any driver who causes a bus accident because of DUI faces severe criminal charges in addition to civil liability for victims’ damages. In addition, DUI is extremely dangerous for both the impaired driver and all other drivers around them.
- Speeding. All drivers must adhere to posted speed limits. Speeding makes it challenging to slow down and stop when traffic patterns change. This is especially true for large vehicles like buses.
- Moving violations. Traffic laws exist to allow drivers to anticipate the actions of other drivers. When drivers commit moving violations, this makes it harder for other drivers around them to navigate traffic safely and can easily cause a bus accident.
- Bus driver negligence. Bus drivers have a special duty of care as common carrier employees. This means they must exercise the utmost care when transporting passengers. If a bus driver makes a negligent error that results in an accident, they will likely lose their job and face civil liability for resulting damages.
These are just a few of the ways bus accidents can happen. It’s possible for a bus accident to occur due to the bus driver’s negligence or another driver’s negligence. It’s also possible for multiple parties to bear fault for a bus accident. An experienced Costa Mesa bus accident attorney can not only help you establish liability for your recent bus accident but also assist you in proving the full extent of your claimable damages.
Damages in Your Bus Accident Case
Buses are large vehicles, and bus accidents can easily do tremendous harm to passengers on the bus and the occupants of other vehicles involved in the collision. California state law allows a bus accident victim to claim compensation for all damages resulting from another driver’s negligence. Therefore, your bus accident claim could potentially allow you to recover:
- Medical expenses. Your accident likely caused painful injuries. You can claim the cost of all medical treatments you require following your bus accident. This includes short-term expenses like hospital bills as well as the cost of any long-term treatments your injuries require.
- Lost income. You may be unable to work due to your injuries from a bus accident. A Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer can help you secure compensation for wages lost during this time. In addition, if you developed a permanent disability that prevents you from resuming your job, your attorney can help you secure compensation for lost future earning potential.
- Property damage. If your bus accident caused the loss of any of your personal property, you have the right to claim the cost of replacing your property.
- Pain and suffering. California law allows personal injury plaintiffs to recover monetary compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress they experience due to the negligence of others. Your attorney will assist you in determining an appropriate amount to include with your claim.
Once you secure legal representation from an experienced Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer, you may be surprised to discover that your claim is worth much more than you initially expected. In addition to helping you maximize your recovery, your attorney can also perform several other valuable legal services during your bus accident case.
How Bus Accident Attorneys Can Assist With Your Recovery
An experienced Costa Mesa bus accident attorney is a fantastic asset when you need help claiming compensation for your bus accident damages. They’ll help you gather the evidence you need to prove the full extent of your losses and establish liability for those losses. Additionally, you can rely on your legal team to help you identify all the parties responsible for your bus accident.
Depending on the type of bus involved in your accident, you could face a legal claim against a government entity or a large corporation. If this applies to your situation, you need legal counsel you can trust to guide you through your case.
FAQs About Costa Mesa, CA Bus Accident Law
The team at Chris and Frank strives to provide our Costa Mesa, CA, area clients with the support and guidance they need to make informed decisions about their legal options after experiencing bus accidents. Review the following most frequently asked questions about bus accident claims in California and our answers if you are unsure about your current situation and legal options.
What Should I Do if I Get Hit by a Bus?
If you are hit by a bus as a pedestrian, you will likely suffer extreme injuries. Seek medical care immediately and follow your doctor’s advice when it comes to your recovery. Once your condition stabilizes, contact an experienced Costa Mesa bus accident lawyer to discuss your legal options.
What Happens If a School Bus Gets in an Accident?
School buses can have accidents that result in injuries to the children on board and the occupants of the other vehicles involved. If your child were injured in a school bus accident, you could have grounds for a civil suit against the driver, the bus company, or the school district, depending on how the accident occurred. Speak with an attorney as soon as possible to determine the direction your claim should take.
Who Is Liable in a School Bus Accident?
Determining liability for a school bus accident can be very difficult. More than one party can bear fault for a school bus accident. For example, a bus driver and their employer could face liability for a school bus accident if the driver caused the accident, and the bus company failed to perform a proper background check on the driver before hiring them.
How Rare Are Bus Accidents?
Bus accidents are rare because fewer buses are on the roads than other vehicles. However, even though bus accidents are less frequent than typical car accidents, they can still happen for many reasons with little to no warning.
You’re likely to have a lot more questions specific to your recent bus accident. If you or a loved one is struggling with the aftermath of a bus accident and do not know what to do next to secure a recovery for your damages, Chris and Frank can help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with a compassionate and reliable Costa Mesa bus accident attorney.
- Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Truck Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Bus Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Dog Bite Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Uber Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Boat Accident Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!