Were You Injured In A Car Accident In Costa Mesa?
Car accidents are pretty common in many US states, including California. Costa Mesa, is also not safe from deadly accidents often caused by reckless driving. If you or your loved ones have suffered from a Costa Mesa car accident, you should contact a Costa Mesa car accident lawyer in the city to understand your legal rights and acquire a fair settlement.
An experienced and reliable attorney will help you find the right medical treatment, collect your medical records and bills, and help you with any other information you will need to file a personal injury claim against the party that caused the accident. Hiring a car accident lawyer in Costa Mesa will also increase your chances of benefiting from a favorable outcome in your case. After all, your attorney will guide you through the court proceedings, gather the evidence you need to present the case, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
With the help of an expert attorney, you will be able to prove the guilt of the liable party beyond any reasonable doubt. The attorney will also make sure you get the highest possible compensation for the financial, emotional, and physical injury you had to face due to the accident.
Table of Contents
2. Common Causes of Car Accidents in Costa Mesa
3. Why You Should Hire an Expert Costa Mesa Car Accident Attorney
4. Damages You Can Receive in a Auto Accident Claim
5. FAQs about Car Accident Claims
6. Car Accident Injury Cases in Costa Mesa
7. Why Hire a Costa Mesa Car Accident Attorney
Do You Need A Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyer?
If you expect to get appropriately compensated for your car accident, hire the best Costa Mesa car accident lawyer at Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys. Frank, Chris, and their top-rated personal injury lawyers will represent you to the best of their ability.
We have over 30 years of combined experience under our belt, which helps us acquire the highest possible compensation for our clients. Over the years, our accomplished California attorneys have worked with numerous clients who have trusted us with their car accident claims. When you put your trust in us, we use our sheer talent, experience, and in-depth understanding of the court of law to take care of your legal and logistical needs, allowing you to focus entirely on healing from the accident.
We believe in standing up to corporate insurance companies and liable parties to provide you with the legal service and compensation amount you rightly deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Costa Mesa
Car accidents are often caused by risky driver behavior, such as speeding, alcohol impairment, tailgating, etc. An accident caused by any of these reasons can easily result in a lawsuit. Here are some common causes of Costa Mesa car accidents:
Speeding is inarguably one of the most common factors resulting in traffic fatalities and severe car accidents worldwide. It’s a reckless act that significantly reduces the time a driver perceives danger and reacts to it by putting the brakes on the vehicle. Moreover, it increases the distance your vehicle needs to prevent crashing into another car or bystander while trying to stop your vehicle. It also decreases the effectiveness of a vehicle’s safety equipment, such as airbags and seatbelts, while compounding the severity of the crash.
Drinking and driving is also a common cause of car accidents in many US states. These accidents often result in fatalities or severe, life-long injuries. Drinking inhibits your senses and affects your control over the vehicle, including your ability to track other cars or passersby. It prevents you from making swift actions, such as braking effectively and quickly, swerving to avoid another reckless driver, or exercising quick judgment.
Distracted driving entails anything that might take the driver’s attention away from the task at hand. It can include manual distractions, which might cause the driver to take their hands off the wheel; visual distractions, causing them to take their eyes off the road; and cognitive distractions, resulting in the driver not being present-minded while driving.
Texting and driving is the most common and dangerous type of distracted driving, as it covers all three distractions. In California, if you’re caught texting and driving, you will be charged a hefty fine. However, the state does allow you to use hands-free tech to call or text people.
Other reckless driving behaviors, such as unsafe lane-changing, tailgating, wrong-way driving, improper passing, and fatigued driving, can also result in a car accident. If you’ve suffered a car accident from risky driving, you must seek immediate medical assistance and then reach out to us to file a claim against the reckless driver who caused the accident.
Why You Should Hire an Expert Costa Mesa Car Accident Attorney
Some people don’t hire an attorney for legal representation in their car accident claim because of the expenses of hiring a reputable lawyer. After all, these people are already struggling with financial difficulties due to the accident.
However, most people often forget that there are multiple benefits of hiring an expert attorney to fight your battle in a Costa Mesa car accident claim:
- If you have the right help, you will be able to obtain the required and fair compensation from the at-fault party since your lawyer will use their skill and experience to ensure that you don’t get duped by the insurance adjusters. Without proper legal help, you might not be able to figure out the compensation amount owed to you or demand the appropriate amount from the at-fault driver.
- An experienced lawyer will collect all the evidence you need to prove the at-fault party’s liability in court. They will obtain video footage of the incident, contact witnesses, record and question their statements, and go above and beyond to ensure that you win the lawsuit. Without proper legal support, you will not be able to build a strong case against the negligent or at-fault driver.
- With the right legal advice, you will be able to make sound decisions. Your attorney will guide you on the right time to negotiate a settlement with the guilty party. They will also advise you to take them to court if the insurance adjusters don’t agree to pay reasonable compensation.
- Without the proper legal support, you might mistakenly settle for a lowball offer from the insurance adjuster, who will convince you that the request is as best as you’re going to get. They also often tell you that if you don’t accept their low offer, they will even take that off the table, and you will be left with nothing.
- If you have the support of an experienced legal team, you will not be manipulated or implicated in the case. Moreover, your attorneys will save you from the hassle of navigating the tiring and often complicated legal process while fighting the guilty party on your behalf. Simply put, you will be able to recover from the accident peacefully in a stress-free environment with the knowledge that every aspect of your case is being taken care of by the experts.
So, if you’ve been in a car accident in Costa Mesa, we urge you to seek the right legal services right away. Put your trust in Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys to benefit from the legal services of lawyers who will not demand any compensation until they help you get the compensation you are owed.
Damages You Can Receive in a Auto Accident Claim
In civil personal injury claims, the word “damages” refers to the payment the victim stands to receive in compensation for the harm incurred. In California, you can file a Costa Mesa car accident claim to settlement for the injuries you received due to the accident.
Here are the damages that you can expect to win in a car accident claim in Costa Mesa:
- Medical expenses, such as emergency transport, hospitalization, medicines, physician and surgical services, physical therapy, assistive devices, and more
- Lost wages resulting from missing work due to severe injuries or attending medical appointments
- Loss of future earnings due to permanent disabilities
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment due to the inability to perform previously cherished hobbies and everyday tasks
- Loss of consortium – for loss of physical intimacy and companionship due to severe injuries
FAQs about Car Accident Claims
Here are some questions people frequently ask regarding car accident claims in Costa Mesa:
How will I prove the liability of the at-fault party in a Costa Mesa car accident?
You can prove the liability by proving the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, which is essentially how a reasonable individual would act in a similar situation to protect others. A driver owes a duty to other drivers on the road to operate their vehicle safely and within legal parameters.
All you have to do is prove that the at-fault driver breached the duty of care, i.e., their action violated it. The action in question can be alcohol impairment, distracted driving, or any other risky driving behavior. The breach resulted in the accident that caused your injuries. It affected your life negatively, causing you to face financial, emotional, and physical losses that ultimately affected your quality of life.
What happens if the liable party does not have insurance?
If you were in an accident caused by an uninsured party, you might face difficulties while obtaining your compensation from them since insurance companies pay most car accident settlements. Even though you can still file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver and obtain a court judgment in your favor, you might never receive the compensation because people who don’t have insurance generally cannot afford to cover accident expenses out of their pockets.
In such a case, it’s best to explore your options with your attorney. Depending on your specific case, you might find a potential source of liability other than the uninsured party. This way, you will be able to receive your compensation from other insured parties involved in the accident. Alternatively, your attorney might help you find a way to obtain the settlement from the uninsured party.
How much settlement can I expect to receive for a car accident lawsuit in Costa Mesa?
The settlement amount for a Costa Mesa car accident depends on the specific expenses and impact that you had to face due to the accident. It essentially means that there is no standard amount that you will receive in a car accident claim.
With that said, here are some common factors that can affect the value of your settlement:
- The amount of insurance the liable party carries
- Your level of liability in the accident. As mentioned earlier, you can be partially liable for the accident and still seek compensation from other liable parties for the injuries you suffered.
- The level of patience you exhibit during settlement negotiations. It’s certainly not impossible to receive a settlement offer that compensates you for all the injuries and harm that came your way due to the accident and the ways t will continue to affect your time, but it will take a fair amount of time.
- Your life circumstances and career at the time of the accident. Many damage categories are tied to wages and wage loss. At the peak of their career, a claimant stands to lose more monetarily due to a car accident that leaves them injured compared to a young person with no work experience. Similarly, they will also lose more financially than an old, retied individual who no longer earns a steady income.
Car Accident Injury Cases in Costa Mesa
Even though every car accident claim in Costa Mesa is different, some steps are part of the standard process of auto accident claims. Understanding these steps will help you prepare for your case.
Here’s an overview of our car accident claim process:
- A free case evaluation, i.e., we will speak to you at length about your case and provide you with the legal answers you need.
- We will then determine the liability in your case. We will assess all potential sources of liability to figure out who was behaving recklessly and negligently, ultimately causing the accident. In some instances, liability is shared, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t ask for compensation for the damages you suffered. We will also determine all insurance resources that we can access to compensate you.
- Then, our attorneys will perform a valuation of your case or determine the damages you suffered. Based on your accident and injury expenses and impact, you might be entitled to damages for lost wages, medical bills, emotional scarring, lost property, and punitive damages.
- We will then file an insurance claim on your behalf. We will negotiate with your insurance companies and the at-fault party to secure a settlement that covers your damages.
- Our experienced attorneys will also file the related court-required paperwork and collect and organize the evidence and witness testimonies needed to prove your case.
- We will represent you in all court proceedings, including the litigation required for opening and closing arguments, presenting evidence, and examining the witnesses.
- Lastly, the attorneys at Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys will assist you in collecting your settlement or compensation.
Remember, don’t accept the first settlement that the liable party’s insurance company offers. They always offer the victim significantly less than their damages. If you’ve already been offered a settlement, call us at (714) 882-5800 to discuss your claim.
Why Hire a Costa Mesa Car Accident Attorney
Here are some compelling benefits of choosing us to represent you in your Costa Mesa car accident:
- We will not charge you a penny before we win your case.
- Our qualified team will set you up with the finest healthcare providers to ensure that you get top-notch medical treatment for your injuries immediately with no out-of-pocket costs.
- We will assist you in the repair or replacement of your vehicle post your accident.
- From the get-go to the finish line, we will provide you with clear, honest, and expert legal advice every step of the way.
So, if you’re ready to receive the compensation that you deserve after a harrowing car accident in Costa Mesa, get in touch with us today. We will provide you with the competent and aggressive representation that you need in Southern California. Call our offices at (714) 882-5800 or fill out our 100% free online case evaluation form.
Costa Mesa Practice Areas
- Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Truck Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Bus Accident Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Costa Mesa Dog Bite Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This firm made every effort to take care of my situation. They helped me to keep my faith strong. I am very proud of the work they do.” Cynthia H.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!