Fullerton Car Accidents Attorney
Car accidents are one of the most commonly reported causes of injuries and fatalities. These incidents occur for many reasons, but when one driver’s actions directly result in an accident, anyone injured has the right to seek compensation for their losses from the responsible driver. If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries and economic losses from a car accident in Fullerton, CA, an experienced Fullerton car accident lawyer is the best asset to have as you work toward securing compensation for your losses.
Legal Representation for Fullerton Car Accidents
The attorneys at Chris and Frank have years of experience representing personal injury clients in Fullerton, CA, and surrounding areas. We know that determining liability for a car accident isn’t always easy, and many people who experience accidents are left unsure about how to recover from their losses. Navigating insurance claims can be difficult even under seemingly ideal circumstances, and even when successful, an insurance claim may not fully cover the losses caused by a car accident. Your Fullerton car accident lawyer can help you explore the full scope of your legal options after a car accident another driver caused and maximize your recovery as much as California law allows.
Why Do I Need a Fullerton Car Accident Attorney?
Navigating any civil case without legal representation is very risky. While you may think the other driver’s liability for your damages is obvious, there is no guarantee that you will be able to navigate your case successfully on your own. You could face unexpected delays in the court system or make errors that jeopardize your case. Additionally, you would need to meet all your case’s procedural requirements while managing recovery from your injuries and your household obligations.
Working with an experienced Fullerton car accident lawyer means you can rest with confidence and peace of mind knowing your case is in capable hands. Your legal team will help you determine the full scope of the damages you can claim and help you secure compensation for those damages. The first step toward recovery after a car accident is usually an insurance claim, and your legal team can help you maximize your insurance claim payout before proceeding with further legal action against the at-fault driver.
Common Causes of Vehicle Accidents in California
California is notorious for being one of the most dangerous states for drivers. Many areas around Fullerton have extreme traffic congestion and a high concentration of dangerous drivers. Some of the most commonly cited causes of car accidents that lead to personal injury claims include:
- Distracted driving, which accounts for most of the car accidents that occur throughout the United States each year.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs, which will lead to criminal prosecution for the at-fault driver in addition to civil liability for victims’ damages.
- Moving violations, such as running red lights, failing to stop at stop signs, illegal turns, or failure to use turn signals correctly.
- Speeding, which significantly reduces the time a driver has to react to changing traffic patterns. Accidents that occur at higher speeds are most likely to result in devastating injuries.
Whenever a car accident occurs due to a driver’s actions, anyone injured in the incident has the right to file an insurance claim against the at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy. However, if the driver does not have auto insurance or does not have enough insurance to fully cover the victim’s losses, the victim can file a personal injury claim to recover their remaining damages.
What Compensation Can I Include in a Car Accident Injury Case?
California law allows a personal injury plaintiff to seek compensation for all damages caused by a defendant’s actions. Your Fullerton car accident lawyer can potentially help secure:
- Compensation for medical expenses, both immediate and future. Your accident may have caused injuries that require immediate medical care and ongoing treatment.
- Lost income and lost earning capacity. You may be unable to work until you recover from your accident injuries, and the defendant is liable for your lost wages. You can also seek compensation for lost future income if the accident leaves you unable to return to work.
- Property damage. The at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy may provide some compensation for your vehicle’s repair costs, but you can claim any significant property losses in your personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering compensation. Your attorney will help you determine a fair amount of pain and suffering compensation to include in your claim based on the severity of your injuries and whether you face long-term medical complications because of the other driver’s actions.
Your car accident claim could potentially yield much more compensation than you initially expected when you have the right personal injury attorney on your side.
FAQs About Fullerton, CA Auto Accident Law
Is It Worth Getting an Accident Lawyer?
It may be technically possible to navigate your claim without a lawyer but hiring a Fullerton car accident attorney significantly increases your chances of success. Your attorney is also likely to secure much more compensation than you could have obtained on your own. Your attorney can help you navigate a car insurance claim and proceed with further civil action against the at-fault driver.
When Should You Call a Lawyer After an Accident?
You should address your immediate medical concerns before contacting a lawyer, but ideally, you should consult legal counsel as soon as possible after an accident. The sooner you secure legal representation, the better your chances of succeeding with a car accident claim. If any car insurance companies contact you immediately after an accident, do not agree to any settlement offers, and have your attorney handle correspondence with insurers on your behalf.
Is It Worth Suing After a Car Accident?
Not every car accident demands legal action. If you only suffered minor injuries and cosmetic damage to your vehicle, you and the other driver can work out a solution privately. However, if you suffer injuries, you should see a doctor immediately. You could have injuries that haven’t caused noticeable symptoms yet. Ultimately, it is always worth consulting a lawyer after a car accident to determine the best approach to recovery.
What Should You Ask While Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer?
An initial consultation is an opportunity to interview a potential Fullerton car accident lawyer. Ask them about their experience handling cases similar to yours, what type of communication you can expect throughout your case, and how long they expect to spend working on your case. Then, think of additional questions specific to your situation and use the attorney’s responses to gauge whether they are suitable for handling your case.
You likely have many other questions after a car accident, and your situation can be frustrating and isolating until you have legal counsel you can trust on your side. If you are struggling with the effects of a recent car accident that someone else caused, Chris and Frank can help you approach the recovery process with confidence. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Fullerton car accident lawyer.
Fullerton Practice Areas
- Fullerton Personal Injury Lawyer
- Fullerton Car Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Truck Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Fullerton Dog Bite Lawyer
- Fullerton Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Fullerton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Fullerton Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!