Laguna Hills Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Traumatic brain injuries are some of the worst injuries anyone can suffer. Even a seemingly mild concussion can cause extensive long-term complications for the victim. When these injuries occur, victims and their families will understandably feel a mix of distress, uncertainty, frustration, and sometimes desperation. Medical bills and lost income quickly compound into severe financial stress for the victim and their family. They may have no idea how to hold the party responsible for the injury accountable for their actions.
Legal Representation for Traumatic Brain Injury Cases in Laguna Hills, CA
If you or someone you love recently suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the actions of another party, contact our firm. A Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury lawyer is the best resource to consult. Your legal team can help you determine whether another party bears liability for your damages and help you build a personal injury claim against them. The sooner you connect with an experienced attorney, the better your chances of securing maximum compensation for your damages.
Why Do I Need a Laguna Hills Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer?
You might think that if the fault for your recent brain injury is perfectly clear, you should have minimal trouble handling your personal injury claim on your own. Some people assume that self-representation isn’t too difficult and saves money on legal fees. In truth, you face significant risks if you do not have legal counsel on your side for a traumatic brain injury claim. The right attorney not only increases your chance of success with the claim but also of securing the fullest recovery possible under California state law.
If you tried to handle your case yourself, you would need to do so while managing the aftermath of the traumatic brain injury and its impact on your household. Whether you are the victim or you are caring for a loved one who has sustained a traumatic brain injury, the recovery process will be incredibly challenging. Your financial concerns will increase in severity very quickly. Even if you were to succeed with your claim, you could overlook available channels of compensation and settle for less than you should. Ultimately, it is best to have an experienced Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury attorney handle your case so you can rest and recover with peace of mind.
Proving Liability for Traumatic Brain Injuries
The first step in securing compensation for your losses resulting from a traumatic brain injury is establishing the defendant’s liability for your damages. Your Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury lawyer can be invaluable in this process. They will help you determine how the injury occurred and which party or parties bear fault. Some of the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries that lead to civil claims in California include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. If another driver caused an accident and injured you, you have the right to file an insurance claim against them. However, your brain injury damages are likely to exceed the scope of their coverage. Your Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury attorney can assist you in maximizing your recovery under California’s personal injury statutes.
- Workplace accidents. California state law requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. However, these benefits are somewhat limited, and a victim of a brain injury that happened at work may only receive medical expense coverage and partial compensation for their lost income while they recover. If your workplace head injury occurred due to intentional misconduct, your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, or a third party caused the injury, call our office. An attorney can help you file a personal injury claim to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
- Interpersonal violence. Some people sustain head injuries when they are the victims of violent crimes. Violent robberies, assault, and domestic violence are just a few examples of criminal actions that can cause traumatic brain injuries. If someone intentionally harmed you, they would likely face criminal charges alongside civil liability for your damages.
- Slip and fall accidents. If your head injury occurred due to a slip and fall on someone else’s property, the property owner could be liable for your damages under California’s premises liability law. Property owners must ensure their properties are safe for lawful guests and visitors and must correct safety issues they know about immediately.
These are just a few examples of the situations that often lead to traumatic brain injury claims in California. If you believe any other party bears fault for your head injury, you need to consult a Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury attorney as soon as possible.
Your attorney can assist you in gathering evidence and testimony you may need to establish liability for your traumatic brain injury. Depending on how the injury occurred, this may entail securing physical evidence from the accident scene and taking statements from witnesses who saw the incident occur. Traumatic brain injury claims are some of the most complex personal injury claims, and some plaintiffs will require support from expert witnesses who can help them prove exactly how a head injury occurred. Expert witnesses can also assist plaintiffs in proving the full extent of their damages.
Recovering Compensation for Your TBI Damages
Your personal injury claim can potentially help you secure compensation for the damages resulting from your traumatic brain injury. Many people who experience traumatic brain injuries face extensive immediate and long-term damages. You may not know how to accurately calculate the full scope of your losses after a head injury. This is another reason it is crucial to retain legal counsel as quickly as possible after a traumatic brain injury.
The attorneys at Chris and Frank routinely assist Laguna Hills clients with a wide range of personal injury claims, and we know how to uncover every available channel of recovery for a client. Your personal injury claim could potentially help you recover various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses. California law allows a plaintiff to hold a defendant accountable for all medical treatment costs the plaintiff incurs due to the defendant’s actions. Traumatic brain injuries typically require intensive immediate emergency care, and the victim is likely to need ongoing treatment through their initial recovery. Additionally, many traumatic brain injuries cause medical complications that demand ongoing management. Your attorney can help you calculate the full range of medical expenses you can include in your claim.
- Lost income. A traumatic brain injury is likely to prevent the victim from working for a long time. Even seemingly mild brain injuries can interfere with the victim’s ability to work and support themselves. Many brain injuries cause permanent damage that prevents the victim from working at all in the future. Your attorney will help secure compensation for wages lost during your recovery. Additionally, if you are unable to return to work or need to leave your job to provide in-home care for a relative who suffered a brain injury, your attorney can help you secure compensation for lost future earnings as well.
- Property damage. If the defendant’s actions also resulted in damage to your personal property, such as your vehicle or your home, you have the right to seek repair and replacement costs with your personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering. California law acknowledges that physical pain and psychological trauma are worthy of financial compensation in a personal injury claim. You may find it hard to place a dollar value on your experience, but you can rely on your Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury lawyer to help you determine an appropriate figure based on the severity of the injury. Any brain injury that causes permanent damage will likely yield substantial pain and suffering compensation for the victim.
Ultimately, your claim could be worth much more than you initially expected if you have the right attorney handling your case.
Head Injuries FAQ
Q: What Is the Average Payout for a Head Injury?
A: Every traumatic brain injury claim is unique, so it is very difficult to determine an average value for these types of personal injury claims. If you want to know what your head injury claim may be worth, it is essential to consult an experienced Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Q: What Is Classified as a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A: There are two main types of traumatic brain injuries: open and closed. An “open” head injury is anything that penetrates the skull, such as a gunshot or crushing injury. “Closed” head injuries damage the brain without breaching the skull, such as a concussion or brain damage from toxic chemical exposure.
Q: How Do You Prove Traumatic Brain Injury?
A: Your attorney can help you secure the medical records you may need to prove your traumatic brain injury. Various types of medical screenings and scans are typically necessary after any head injury, and your medical records will be pivotal evidence in your personal injury claim.
Laguna Hills Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
It’s understandable to have many questions about your legal options after another party has caused a traumatic brain injury to you or a loved one. The lawyers at Chris and Frank know the challenges that people in this position face and strive to provide compassionate and meticulous legal representation in every case we accept. If you are ready to discuss your options for legal recourse after suffering a traumatic brain injury with an experienced Laguna Hills traumatic brain injury attorney, contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Laguna Hills Practice Areas
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!