Rideshares are unique and are not subject to the same rules and regulations as taxi or car service companies. As a result, the situation following a collision can quickly become complicated. There are often four insurance companies involved in a rideshare accident: the rideshare driver’s insurance, the other driver’s insurance, the rideshare company’s insurance, and the rider’s insurance.
Available damages change depending on the status of the rideshare vehicle at the time of the accident. If you experience an accident as a rideshare driver, a rideshare passenger, or as a second vehicle involved in a collision, it can be difficult to know what steps need to be taken in order to get your expenses, missed work, and pain & suffering covered. It is advantageous for you to hire an attorney to deal with this unique and evolving area of personal injury law.
Our rideshare accident attorneys have worked on a wide variety of injury accident cases that resulted in:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Brain Damage
- Broken Bones
- Neck, Back, and Shoulder Injury
- Leg and Knee Injury
- Wrongful Death
Our goal is to help you recover after being injured in an Orange County truck accident. We are dedicated to providing the help you need to recover from physical, emotional, and financial injuries that you may have endured because of a truck accident. We have helped recover millions of dollars in personal injury lawsuits for our clients and we are dedicated to helping all of our clients recover from their accident injuries.
How Insurance Coverage Changes Depending on the Time Period
Both Uber and Lyft divide a rideshare driver’s experience into time periods, and insurance coverage changes based on those time periods.
- No Period. This is when the rideshare driver is not logged into the rideshare app and is not working. During this time, the rideshare vehicle is considered a personal vehicle and any accident that occurs under these conditions will be the responsibility of the driver’s personal insurance.
- Period 1. This is when the rideshare driver is logged into the app and is waiting for a fair. If an accident occurs during this time, insurance will cover up to $50K per person, $1000K for an accident involving bodily injury, and $25 for property damage.
- Period 2. This is when a rideshare driver has accepted a fair, and is en route to picking up the rider. Liability coverage climbs to $1 million during this time period.
- Period 3. This is when a driver has a rider in the car. If an accident occurs during this time period, Uber and Lyft offer $1 million in liability.
- NOTE: Considerations will also be made for a rideshare driver’s own collision coverage.
Legal Tip: If you are involved in a rideshare accident as a driver, rider, or second vehicle, do not speak of the accident or personal fault until you have consulted with an attorney. Let your attorney handle all interaction with insurance companies.
Chris and Frank have helped countless individuals recover financially after injury accidents in cities throughout Orange County and Southern California!
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Orange, Fullerton, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Westminster, Lade Forest, Newport Beach, Buena Park, Tustin, Yorba Linda, Laguna Niguel, San Clemente, La Habra, Fountain Valley, Placentia, Aliso Viejo, Cypress, Rancho Santa Margarita, Brea, Stanton, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Laguna Hills, Seal Beach, Laguna Beach, Laguna Woods, La Palma Los Alamitos or Villa Park, contact us today at 714-882-5800 for a FREE Consultation or fill out our free online case evaluation!
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Accidents
- Burn Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Crosswalk Accidents
- Defective Products
- Animal Bites
- Helicopter Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Fall Accidents
- Taxi Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Actual Client Testimonials
“Amazing people! They worked with me the entire way through and always kept me calm and reassured even when things got a little tough and complicated. I think I appreciated that more than anything. They really are some of the best car accident lawyers around.” Alexis R.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!