Pasadena Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
The human brain is incredibly powerful, but it is also highly vulnerable to injury. When a traumatic brain injury occurs, the victim is likely to face a difficult and uncertain path to recovery. Many brain injuries are difficult to treat, and these injuries can also have very unpredictable effects. Everyone who sustains a traumatic brain injury will have a unique experience, potentially facing years of debilitating symptoms and even permanent disability.
If you or a loved one recently suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the actions of another party in Pasadena, CA, it is crucial to know your rights and the best way to hold the at-fault party accountable for your damages. Chris and Frank are a team of experienced Pasadena personal injury lawyers who have successfully represented many clients in difficult cases.
We understand the stress and uncertainty that typically follows a serious injury inflicted by another party’s actions. Your traumatic brain injury claim could easily generate a complex series of legal proceedings that you must navigate to recover your losses, and you need an experienced Pasadena traumatic brain injury lawyer to help you through it.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Pasadena Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer?
If fault for your recent injury seems readily obvious, you may wonder whether you really need to hire legal counsel to hold the at-fault party accountable. While it may be technically possible for an injured plaintiff to represent themselves in civil court, doing so successfully is far more challenging than the average person may realize.
If you attempted to handle your case alone, you would face a very difficult set of procedural requirements with the Pasadena civil court. You would also need to perform extensive legal research and gather the evidence you will need to support your case. It would also fall to you to gather proof of your claimable damages.
If you do not have legal counsel on your side, you would be forced to handle these difficult responsibilities on your own while simultaneously managing your medical needs. Do not make an already difficult situation harder on yourself. Instead of trying to handle everything on your own, have an experienced Pasadena traumatic brain injury attorney represent your case. Your legal team can handle your case proceedings while you focus on recovery. Additionally, you will be far more likely to maximize your total recovery with the help of an experienced attorney.
Chris and Frank strive for maximum client compensation in every case we accept. We take time to learn as much as possible about everyone we represent, ensuring we provide comprehensive and client-focused legal counsel to every client. We’ll help you identify the party or parties responsible for causing the brain injury in question and assist you in recouping your losses.
Common Types of Brain Injuries
Many types of accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries. A few of the most commonly reported types of brain injuries in California include:
- Concussions, which are the most common brain injuries reported in the US. This type of injury occurs when the brain hits the inside of the skull. Contact sports, interpersonal altercations, and motor vehicle accidents are a few of the most common causes of concussions.
- Contusions, which are essentially bruises on the surface of the brain. These injuries can appear in tandem with concussions and often require intensive medical treatment.
- Axonal brain injuries, which occur when the brain is deprived of oxygen. Drowning and childbirth-related complications are two of the most common causes of this type of brain injury. When the brain experiences oxygen deprivation, brain cells will rapidly begin to die.
- Penetrating injuries. Whenever a physical object pierces the skull and physically damages the brain, the victim is likely to face a host of medical complications that can easily result in permanent disabilities. Gunshots, falling objects, and motor vehicle accidents are some of the most common causes of these serious head injuries.
Any brain injury can have devastating consequences, and it is not always possible to immediately ascertain the full scope of the damage caused by a brain injury
Proving Fault for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Any brain injury is likely to generate a host of economic problems for the victim and their family, and you should not be left managing these problems on your own, when another party is responsible for causing them. Some of the most common causes of brain injuries that lead to personal injury claims in California include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. If a negligent driver caused an accident and you or a loved one suffered a brain injury from the incident, the driver responsible for the crash may not have insurance coverage expansive enough to fully compensate your losses.
- Interpersonal violence. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury because of an intentional act of harm, such as an assault or attempted murder, you have the right to pursue a civil claim against the party that harmed you, and they will also face criminal charges.
- Defective products. If a manufacturer released a defective or unreasonably dangerous product that caused a brain injury, the victim and their family could pursue a product liability claim against them.
- Slip and fall accidents. While a “slip and fall” may sound like a minor incident, if the victim falls and hits their head, they could easily suffer a severe traumatic brain injury. Depending on how the incident occurred, the property owner may face a premises liability claim from the victim.
If you are unsure whether you have grounds for legal action for the traumatic brain injury you or a loved one recently sustained, it’s vital to consult an experienced Pasadena traumatic brain injury attorney as soon as possible.
Damages and Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injury Claims
When another party is liable for your traumatic brain injury, your Pasadena traumatic brain injury lawyer will be an invaluable asset when it comes to holding them accountable for your damages. The personal injury laws of California allow a plaintiff to seek full compensation for any economic damages they sustained due to the actions of the defendant. These economic damages in a brain injury claim are likely to include:
- Medical expenses. The victim of a traumatic brain injury may require not only intensive immediate medical treatment after their injury but also long-term medical care to manage their symptoms and help them recover as much lost functionality as possible.
- Lost income. A brain injury is likely to leave the victim unable to work for an extended time. The defendant in the claim is liable for the income the plaintiff loses during their recovery, but they may also face liability for the victim’s lost future earning potential when the brain injury prevents them from returning to work in the future.
- Property damage. In the event the defendant’s actions also caused damage to the plaintiff’s personal property, the plaintiff can include their property losses as economic damages in a civil claim.
When you calculate the full range of the economic damages available to you in a traumatic brain injury claim, you may be surprised to discover that your claim is worth more than you initially anticipated. However, alongside your economic damages, you also have the right to seek compensation for your pain and suffering, as well.
California state law allows personal injury plaintiffs to recover compensation for physical pain, emotional suffering, and psychological trauma inflicted by defendants’ actions. Your Pasadena traumatic brain injury lawyer will help you determine an appropriate figure to include in your claim based on how serious your injury is and whether it is likely to cause permanent harm.
Q: How Much Is My Traumatic Brain Injury Case Worth?
A: These civil cases often entail substantial damages, and the exact value of any given case can fluctuate significantly based on various factors. Your legal team is the best resource to consult when it comes to determining the total potential value of your brain injury case. They will help you assess the full scope of your claimable damages.
Q: How Long Will My Case Require to Resolve?
A: Many personal injury claims end in settlement, and if the defendant’s liability is clear, it’s possible for you to resolve your case in a matter of weeks to a month or two. However, if liability is contested or if the defendant refuses to settle, it can take much longer to resolve your claim.
Q: What Happens If I am Partially Responsible for My Brain Injury?
A: In the event a plaintiff is found to be partially at fault for causing their claimed damages, California’s pure comparative negligence law states they still have the right to recover damages less a percentage of the final case award equal to their percentage of fault for causing the incident in question.
Q: How Much Does Legal Counsel Cost?
A: Chris and Frank offer contingency fee billing to our clients. This means we charge nothing upfront and only take a legal fee if we win your case. Our fee is a percentage of the final case award, ensuring you can have the legal counsel you need to secure the compensation you deserve.
It’s vital to start working with your legal team as soon as possible for the best chance of winning a traumatic brain injury case. If you are ready to discuss your situation with a Pasadena traumatic brain injury lawyer, contact Chris and Frank today to schedule a consultation with an experienced legal team.
Pasadena Practice Areas
- Pasadena Personal Injury Lawyer
- Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Pasadena Dog Bite Lawyer
- Pasadena Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Pasadena Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!