Riverside Bus Accident Attorney
Buses are vital to the California transportation network. Many people who live in Riverside ride buses every day, and school buses transport children to and from their Riverside-area schools. While many members of the public rely on bus services to provide safe and timely transportation, accidents can and do happen.
Legal Counsel for Riverside Bus Accidents
These incidents are typically much more damaging than other motor vehicle accidents. This is due to the large sizes of most buses and the fact that multiple passengers are likely to suffer injuries in a bus accident. These incidents often generate complex legal claims. Personal injury cases revolving around bus accidents include substantial damages and often pose very difficult questions of liability.
Chris and Frank offers comprehensive and client-focused legal counsel to Riverside bus accident victims. We understand the devastating effects of these accidents and the difficulty victims are likely to face in the civil claim system. If you need legal counsel after a bus accident, a Riverside bus accident lawyer is the best asset to have on your side.
Personal Injury Legal Counsel for Bus Accident Victims
It’s common for personal injury victims to wonder whether they need legal counsel to secure compensation for their damages after an accident. While handling your own personal injury claim without an attorney may be technically possible, this path poses several significant challenges. First, you would need to meet strict requirements from the court and do so while managing the aftermath of your accident.
Many bus accident victims quickly feel overwhelmed in the face of expensive medical bills, lost income from the inability to work, and the financial pressure their various economic damages can cause. Additionally, bus accidents can cause painful and traumatizing injuries that can make it difficult to manage the practical matters your lawsuit will entail.
Hiring a Riverside bus accident attorney not only increases your chance of succeeding with your claim but also makes the entire process much easier to manage. Your attorney can handle your case’s procedural requirements on your behalf while you focus on your recovery. This can provide valuable peace of mind during a challenging time, allowing you and your family to assess your priorities and recover, knowing your case is in capable hands.
How Do Bus Accident Injuries Happen?
Bus passengers have the right to expect safe and timely transportation to their destinations. Likewise, responsible drivers have the right to expect other drivers to operate their vehicles safely. Unfortunately, not every driver adheres to their duty of care to drive safely. Bus accidents can happen for many of the same reasons as all other motor vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving can easily cause devastating accidents. Whenever a driver takes their attention off the road, they are essentially driving blind. A few seconds of travel at considerable speed without paying attention can easily cause a bus accident. Distracted driving is a leading cause of all motor vehicle accidents in the US.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol is illegal and highly dangerous. A driver who causes a bus accident because of intoxication behind the wheel faces severe criminal penalties and civil liability for any resulting damages.
- Speeding is dangerous for any driver. When a bus driver speeds, their large vehicle has even less time and room to slow down or stop in time to avoid a crash.
- Moving violations make it difficult for other drivers to anticipate a driver’s actions. Moving violations such as running stop signs or red lights, illegal turns, and improper lane changes can easily cause serious bus accidents.
- Vehicle malfunctions may also cause bus accidents. All vehicles need regular maintenance, and large buses have more demanding maintenance requirements than standard passenger vehicles. If a vehicle owner or bus owner fails to address known mechanical problems with their vehicle and an accident occurs, they may face liability for the resulting damages. If a vehicle or part malfunctions because of a defect, the manufacturer may face a product liability claim.
These are only a few examples of how bus accidents might happen in the Riverside, CA, area. The first step toward recovering your damages from a bus accident is identifying the party or parties liable for causing the incident.
Common Carrier Liability
Any company that offers transportation as a paid service to the public is a common carrier, and all common carriers have particular responsibilities when it comes to safe transportation. Put simply, a driver working for a common carrier has a higher duty of care to drive safely than a typical passenger vehicle driver has. They must drive safely, avoid distractions, and pay close attention to changing traffic patterns.
Personal injury claims involving common carriers can be challenging to navigate and often raise complex questions of liability. For example, vicarious liability can come into play if a bus driver’s negligence causes an accident. It’s possible for the bus driver to bear sole liability if they acted outside the scope of their job duties, such as driving under the influence. However, their employer could face vicarious liability if they failed to adequately train the driver before assigning them a bus route or failed to conduct appropriate vetting before hiring the driver.
In the event that your bus accident involves any bus organization that operates under the government, the process of securing compensation for your losses is going to be much more complex than a standard personal injury claim against a private party. You will need legal representation from an experienced Riverside bus accident lawyer if you take legal action against any government entity. In addition, you will face various restrictions in terms of procedural requirements for your case and the compensation you can expect.
Damages and Compensation for a Riverside Bus Accident
A bus accident is easily capable of inflicting substantial damages on multiple victims. Some of the most commonly claimed damages in Riverside, CA, bus accident claims include:
- Property damage. Suppose your recent bus accident resulted in damage to your personal property, such as your vehicle, bicycle, or personal effects. In that case, you could include repair or replacement costs in your civil claim.
- Medical expenses. California state law allows a personal injury plaintiff to recover all medical expenses they incur due to a defendant’s negligence. This includes short-term medical expenses such as their hospital bills, but if they require long-term medical care, they can claim compensation for these costs as well.
- Lost wages. A bus accident victim may be unable to work until they recover from their injuries. Their Riverside bus accident attorney can help them claim compensation for the income they lost during this time. Additionally, if your injuries are severe enough that you cannot return to work because of a disability, you would have the right to seek compensation for lost future earning potential.
These economic damages are generally easy to prove with appropriate documentation and records. However, these are not the only damages a plaintiff can secure from a successful personal injury claim.
A plaintiff in a bus accident claim can recover compensation for their pain and suffering with the help of a Riverside bus accident attorney. Their attorney will determine an appropriate amount based on the severity of their injuries, the level of pain they experience immediately after the injury and during recovery, and the likelihood they will face chronic medical issues or disability from their experience. A plaintiff can also secure compensation for psychological trauma and associated treatment costs.
Riverside bus accident attorneys can calculate pain and suffering using various methods. If a plaintiff is likely to recover fully within a relatively short time, their attorney may seek “per diem” pain and suffering compensation. This would award a specific amount of compensation per day until the plaintiff reaches maximum medical improvement. It’s also possible to seek a more significant lump sum if a plaintiff’s damages are severe and likely to result in permanent damage.
Proving Liability for Your Damages
Every personal injury claim filed in California revolves around “negligence,” or a failure to exercise reasonable care. For example, suppose you want to succeed with a bus accident claim. In that case, you must identify the party or parties you believe to be responsible for your bus accident and prove they were negligent in a manner that directly caused the accident.
You must not only prove negligence but also provide evidence showing the full scope of your claimable damages and causation between the defendant’s negligence and those damages. Essentially, you and your Riverside bus accident attorney must prove your damages result from the defendant’s negligence and not some other cause.
The law office of Chris and Frank has a team of experienced Riverside attorneys providing comprehensive and client-focused legal counsel to victims of personal injuries. We have years of experience handling complex claims, including those revolving around bus accidents. You probably have several questions if you recently experienced a bus accident in Riverside, CA. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions we hear concerning bus accidents.
Q: What Happens If a Bus Hits You?
A: If a bus strikes you while you are walking, you will likely suffer catastrophic injuries unless the bus is driving at a very low speed. Medical attention should be your first priority. An experienced Riverside bus accident lawyer can help you assess your damages and take legal action against the party responsible for causing the accident.
Q: What Happens If a School Bus Gets in an Accident?
A: Unfortunately, children can suffer severe injuries if their school buses are involved in accidents. If a school bus accident happens, the parents of the children involved and all other victims would have grounds for legal action against the party responsible for causing the accident.
Q: Who Is Liable in a School Bus Accident
A: Depending on how a school bus accident occurs, it’s possible for multiple parties to potentially bear fault for the resulting damages. If the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol or was otherwise egregiously negligent, they may face sole liability. It’s also possible for their employer or the school district to face vicarious liability. Third parties who cause school bus accidents will also absorb liability for victims’ damages.
If you or a loved one recently experienced a bus accident in Riverside, you probably have many more questions about your particular situation. An experienced Riverside bus accident lawyer is the best resource for getting the answers you need to your most important legal questions.
What to Expect From Riverside Bus Accident Attorneys
You can rely on your Riverside bus accident lawyer for many valuable legal services. First, they can handle the preliminary legal proceedings of your claim on your behalf. This includes meeting court filing deadlines and gathering the evidence you need to prove liability for your damages. Your legal team can provide you with timely updates as your case unfolds and guide you through every stage of the claim process.
Your bus accident claim may involve complex details that might require input from various expert witnesses. An experienced attorney can consult accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, engineers, and other expert witnesses to contribute to your recovery in various ways. For example, expert witness testimony may help you establish fault for your damages or prove the full extent of those damages to maximize your recovery.
Ultimately, facing any personal injury claim is much easier with trustworthy legal counsel on your side. Your bus accident claim could involve various factors that you may be unprepared to handle alone. Working closely with an attorney is best to ensure your recovery after a bus accident in Riverside, CA.
Contact Your Experienced Riverside Bus Crash Legal Team Today
The team at Chris and Frank understand the stress and uncertainty that any personal injury can cause. For example, suppose you and your family are struggling with the aftermath of your recent bus accident in Riverside. In that case, our team can provide the legal representation you need to approach the case with confidence. We’ll carefully review the details of how your accident occurred to help you establish fault for your damages and explore every channel of compensation that’s available in your claim.
The sooner you act after a bus accident and secure legal representation, the better your chance is of recovering to the fullest extent possible under California law. If you are ready to discuss your legal options with an experienced team of Riverside bus accident lawyers, contact Chris and Frank today to schedule your consultation with our team.
- Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Uber Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Lyft Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Boat Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Bus Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Construction Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Riverside Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Riverside Dog Bite Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!