Were You Involved In A Car Accident in Riverside?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in Riverside and you are unsure of what to do next, look no further. Speaking with our Riverside car accident lawyer can help guide you in the right direction and inform you of your legal rights and possibilities for compensation.
Our award-winning injury attorneys and professional staff are available to help you in your time of need and are here to discuss your case at your convenience. We are available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Table of Contents
Top Riverside Car Accident Attorneys
Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys have helped countless individuals recover financially after injury accidents in cities throughout Riverside County, and to better serve our clients, we can travel to your location to discuss your injury accident.
In 2019 there were a total of 10,372 motor vehicle accidents in Riverside County. Unfortunately, there were 283 individuals killed and 14,958 injured in 2019. The most common type of accident in Riverside county was rear-end accidents, followed by broadside accidents and then accidents caused by hitting an object.
The main cause of motor vehicle accidents in Riverside County was unsafe speed followed by improper turns, right-of-way violations, and driving while under the influence.
At Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys, we understand that Riverside car accidents can be one of the most traumatic experiences in one’s life. In addition to the stress and anxiety associated with such a devastating event, individuals are often left confused as to how to pay for their medical bills and how to support themselves and their families during their recovery. Car accident cases are one of the most common types of cases in our courts today.
We believe that it is imperative that you consult with an experienced Riverside car accident attorney who can help you during this difficult time. If you or your loved one has been involved in a Riverside car accident, do not hesitate to contact one of our experienced and caring Riverside car accident attorneys. You may be entitled to monetary compensation, including medical costs, property loss, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our goal is to help you get through this difficult time so you can focus on healing and recovering from your injuries. We will assist you with your medical concerns and other financial issues. We will also make sure to be in touch with your loved ones to help them get through this difficult time. Our goal is to be here for you, gain your trust, and fight for you until justice is served.
Is It Worth Getting a Car Accident Lawyer for a Minor Car Crash?
If you experience a minor fender-bender at low speed or another driver bumps your vehicle in a parking lot, you may wonder whether you need legal counsel for minor accidents like these. It’s common for drivers who have low-speed collisions to work out solutions personally without taking legal action, but this is only advisable if these accidents cause nothing more than cosmetic damage to the vehicles involved. California state law requires that all drivers report any accident that causes injuries, death, or substantial property damage. If you think that the damage to your vehicle could cost several hundred dollars or more to fix, it’s best to be safe and report the accident so the police can generate a formal report of the incident.
Having a police report can be very useful if you later need to take legal action against the other driver. It’s possible to address some minor accidents with insurance claims, but dealing with insurance companies is rarely easy. There is no guarantee that the other driver will accept liability even if they are indeed responsible for causing your damages.
Hiring an attorney can make dealing with insurance companies much more manageable. Additionally, your minor accident may involve damages that aren’t immediately noticeable. Therefore, consider your choice to hire an attorney to help you with your recovery as an investment into your own peace of mind. An experienced Riverside car accident lawyer can not only deal with an insurance claim on your behalf but can also help you determine whether you need to take any further actions against the other driver to ensure a complete recovery from your losses.
Should I Contact a Lawyer After an Auto Accident?
Your first concern after experiencing any type of motor vehicle accident should be your health and safety. After the crash, check yourself and your passengers for injuries and call for help. If you can do so safely, check on the other drivers involved. Do not move if it is painful to do so; you could have suffered injuries that you will make much worse by moving. Wait for paramedics to arrive if needed; otherwise, report the accident and wait for the police to arrive.
The police will interview you and the others involved in the accident before clearing the site. Before they arrive, take this time to take photos of the accident scene. Try to take photos of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, the positions of all vehicles involved, and the nearby surroundings. These photos could be crucial for a future insurance claim, or they may help you prove liability if you need to take legal action against the driver who caused the accident.
Severe injuries will likely require ambulance transportation to the hospital. However, if you only suffered minor injuries, you may be able to leave on your own once the police wrap up their first response. Even if you think you only suffered minor cuts and scrapes, you should still visit a doctor as soon as possible for a complete examination. Your physician will be able to identify any hidden injuries or injuries that have not yet created noticeable symptoms. It’s common for car accident victims to walk away from collisions seemingly unhurt, only to be in so much pain the next day they cannot get out of bed. Prompt medical attention can rule out severe injuries and minimize the pain and discomfort you experience following the accident.
After you have undergone a medical examination, received a medical report from your doctor, and secured a copy of the police report from your accident, you are ready to speak with a Riverside car accident lawyer. Do not speak with any insurance company representatives until you have legal counsel. Likewise, do not accept any settlement offers from the at-fault driver without speaking to a lawyer first.
Our Riverside County car accident attorneys have worked on a wide variety of car accident cases, including accidents that resulted in:
- Catastrophic Injury. A catastrophic injury is any injury that causes permanent damage. This may include permanent scarring or disfigurement or a permanent disability. Catastrophic injury claims typically involve substantial damages. Chris and Frank will work closely with you to determine the full scope of the damages available in your claim and guide you through all stages of your case until you secure the fullest recovery possible.
- Brain Injuries. The human brain is incredibly complex and highly vulnerable to physical injury. Even seemingly mild brain injuries like concussions can cause a host of unpredictable and severe medical complications for the victim. More severe brain injuries can be life-threatening without immediate medical treatment and often cause permanent impairments to victims.
- Broken Bones. Some bone fractures can heal completely in relatively short timeframes, while others could require multiple surgeries and cause long-lasting complications for the victim. If you suffer broken bones in a car accident, Chris and Frank will ensure you secure total compensation for your immediate and future medical expenses required for treating these injuries.
- Neck, Back, and Shoulder Injury. Soft tissue injuries are some of the most commonly reported car accident injuries in California. Muscles, tendons, and ligaments are vulnerable to crash impact forces. As a result, the soft tissues of the neck, back, and shoulders are most likely to sustain an injury in a motor vehicle collision. Some of these injuries may require basic treatment for full recovery, while others require surgery and long-term rehabilitation. In addition, some soft tissue injuries will result in chronic pain, diminished range of motion, and reduced flexibility.
- Paralysis. Any injury to the spinal cord has the potential to cause paralysis to the victim. The location of the spinal injury determines the severity of the effects. A spinal injury can result in loss of sensation and diminished motor control, but any spinal injury that completely severs the spinal cord will cause complete paralysis to the regions of the body connected below the injury site. Paralysis is permanent and can dramatically diminish the victim’s ability to live independently.
- Fatal Injuries. Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents often cause fatal injuries. If you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another driver, your Riverside car accident lawyer could guide you through the wrongful death claims process. A wrongful death claim is very similar to a personal injury claim in many ways, with a few important exceptions.
To further complicate the stress that comes with an auto accident, insurance laws in California are quite complex and confusing. Our Riverside car accident lawyers know based on experience that insurance companies often do not operate in the victims’ best interest.
Potential Insurance Issues After a Car Accident in Riverside
California law requires all drivers to carry auto insurance that meets the state’s minimum requirements. A minimum coverage auto insurance policy must provide:
- At least $15,000 for a single person in bodily injury liability coverage for an accident the insured driver caused.
- At least $30,000 in total accident bodily injury liability coverage.
- At least $5,000 in property damage liability coverage.
It is also strongly recommended for drivers to purchase additional uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage applies when an uninsured or underinsured driver causes an accident, allowing policyholders to turn to their own coverage for compensation.
Unfortunately, dealing with insurance companies is complex, and their claim adjusters strive to find any justifications they can to reduce or deny claim settlements. Some insurance companies go as far as to engage in bad faith tactics against claimants to reduce their claims. You can significantly reduce the chances of experiencing bad faith dealings with an insurer by having an experienced Riverside car accident lawyer assist you with your claim. Your attorney can draft your demand letter on your behalf. Once the insurer realizes that you have legal representation, their agents will be far less likely to attempt any unethical handling of your claim.
Your attorney can not only help you prevent undue push back against your claim, but they can also ensure you secure as much insurance coverage as the policy in question allows. In addition, you can rely on Chris and Frank to thoroughly examine the details of the at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy or your own policy if necessary to determine the exact amount of coverage you can expect.
In order to protect your interests and rights, it is important that you consult with an experienced Riverside car accident attorney. At Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys, we have extensive experience in negotiating with insurance companies to protect our clients’ rights so as to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve.
It is imperative that you consult with an experienced Riverside car accident lawyer before discussing your case with an insurance company. The car accident attorneys at Chris and Franks are here to help.
What to Expect From Your Riverside Car Accident Attorney
When you work with Chris and Frank to recover your losses after a car accident, you can expect comprehensive and responsive legal counsel through every phase of your claim. First, we will carefully review the police report of your accident and the physical evidence in play to determine which driver or drivers bear liability for your damages. Next, we will help you thoroughly explore every available compensation channel to ensure you secure as much of a recovery as possible under California law. Next, we will assist you with filing all initial claim paperwork pertaining to an insurance claim or civil claim against the responsible driver.
Depending on how your accident happened, you may need input from various expert witnesses to support your case. For example, an accident reconstruction expert could help you prove precisely how the accident happened and establish the defendant’s liability for your damages. It’s also possible to have a medical professional testify about the extent of your medical complications resulting from the accident, solidifying your claim for medical expense compensation and pain and suffering compensation.
The majority of personal injury claims filed for car accidents end in settlement. However, suppose the insurance claim payout you receive does not fully cover your losses. In that case, our team will help you pursue additional compensation through a civil claim against the at-fault driver. These situations typically end with resolutions reached through settlement negotiations, but your case may proceed to a trial if the defendant contests their liability or the extent of the damages you seek. Rest assured that no matter what your car accident claim entails, you can rely on Chris and Frank to guide you through your case with confidence and maximize your recovery.
Talk to Our Riverside Car Accident Lawyers For Collision Compensation
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident as a result of another person’s fault, call our Riverside car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
We accept car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that there will be no cost to you unless we recover.
We will aggressively fight for you until justice is served, whether it is through a settlement or a trial. Let us help you and your loved ones after a serious car accident in Riverside County, CA.
Riverside Practice Areas
- Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
- Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Uber Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Lyft Accident Lawyer
- Riverside Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Riverside Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Riverside Dog Bite Lawyer
Actual Client Testimonials
“This is the best firm to go to. They will fight for your rights to be compensated. I have a loved one that used them. They treat you like you are one of their own family members. I highly recommend them. To be honest I wouldn’t use any other firm.” Jeff E.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!