Were You Injured In An Accident In Cost Mesa?
Costa Mesa personal injury lawyers Chris and Frank, along with their team of injury lawyers, have represented personal injury victims in Costa Mesa for many years. We handle many personal injury cases, including multiple vehicle accidents and motorcycle accidents, as well as accidents involving semi-trucks and commercial trucks, slip and fall injuries, and wrongful death due to an auto accident, medical malpractice, mass shootings, or criminal activity. Call Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys to speak with a Costa Mesa personal injury lawyer if you or someone you know has been hurt by reckless actions of another person.
Table of Contents
2. Filing a Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawsuit?
3. Types of Personal Injury Cases in Costa Mesa
4. Damages You Might Suffer from Personal Injury Accidents in Costa Mesa
5. Missteps to Avoid Before Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Costa Mesa
6. Tactics When Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Costa Mesa
7. Hire a ReliableCosta Mesa Personal Injury Attorney
8. Recovering Damages from a Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawsuit
9. Factors That Determine Costa Mesa Personal Injury Settlement
10. Frequently Asked Questions Related to Costa Mesa Personal Injury Attorneys
11. How Can Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys Help You?
Are You Suffering from a Personal Injury in Costa Mesa?
Suffering from a personal injury in Costa Mesa can be a life-altering experience. Given the severity of the injury, you might have to bear heavy financial losses. Moreover, it will affect your emotional and physical well-being.
It’s why Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys is devoted to providing you with the best Costa Mesa personal injury lawyer who can help you file a rightful personal injury claim.
So, put your trust in us, and let us discuss your case with you and provide you with the legal advice you need to receive the compensation you deserve.
Filing a Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal claim that the victim can file in civil court. This claim is filed against the liable party to compensate for the accident that resulted in the victim’s injuries and how these injuries impacted your physical, emotional, and financial health. Nearly all accidents caused by careless, intentional, or reckless behavior can result in a personal injury lawsuit.
Types of Personal Injury Cases in Costa Mesa
Here are some common instances in which you can file for a personal injury lawsuit:
Every year, millions of people get injured in motor vehicle accidents. At times, these injuries can be fatal or life-altering. In 2020, California reported around 3723 motor vehicle deaths. Even if the injury isn’t catastrophic, a vehicular crash can leave the victim with life-altering disabilities and lifelong injuries. So, if you have suffered from an injury in a motor vehicle accident as a passenger, driver, or pedestrian, you might be entitled to monetary compensation for personal injury. Get in touch with our Costa Mesa personal injury lawyer today to file a personal injury claim.
Slips and Falls
A slip and fall injury falls under a premises liability claim. This personal injury occurs when an individual trips and falls and suffers from physical, emotional, or financial damage. This accident typically occurs due to wet or slippery floors, broken or uneven stairs, uneven sidewalks, poor lighting, and more. If you have suffered from such an injury, discuss the accident with us to guide you appropriately.
As implied by the name, wrongful death is a type of personal injury lawsuit that you can file against someone whose carelessness resulted in the death of your loved one. Wrongful death claims are typically filed against medical malpractice, construction accidents, negligent or reckless driving, criminal behavior, and more.
Truck accidents in Orange County can be pretty scary and cause several serious injuries. They can also quite quickly end up in some wrongful death claim. We have the right expertise to deal with truck accidents and help you file a personal injury claim to receive compensation for your injuries.
Orange County, California sees a large number of motorcycles on its roads every year. With so many bikes, there are bound to be many accidents as well. Some of these accidents result in severe injuries, and some even lead to death. If you want to seek the proper compensation for the damages you suffered in Costa Mesa from a motorbike accident, hire us to represent you today.
Pedestrian accidents in Costa Mesa can happen due to poorly maintained public properties, such as sidewalks, construction areas, parking lots, and walkways. They can also be a result of a crash in Orange County with a car, motorcycle, or truck. If you’ve been a victim of such negligence, contact us today to file a rightful personal injury claim in Costa Mesa.
Damages You Might Suffer from Personal Injury Accidents in Costa Mesa
Here are some common injuries that one might suffer from the type of accidents mentioned above:
- Crushed limbs, cuts, lacerations, and amputations from crashes and collisions lead to long, painful surgeries, enduring recovery processes, and significant medical bills.
- Repetitive motion injuries from constant stress on nerves, muscles, and ligaments leading them to tear or get damaged.
- Injuries from falling objects at construction sites or overgrown, dead vegetation.
- Inhalation of toxic or poisonous fumes.
- Broken or fractured bones, knee sprains, ankle sprains, and more.
- Brain injury
- Continued emotional duress resulting in anxiety, depression, PTSD, and more.
Missteps to Avoid Before Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Costa Mesa
Here are some mistakes that you must avoid making before filing a personal injury claim in Costa Mesa:
Refusing Immediate Medical Treatment
When you suffer from an injury in Orange County, make sure to visit a doctor right away. They will be able to assess your condition and provide you with the proper treatment to fix it. Moreover, you have two weeks from the date of the accident to seek medical aid before your insurance company denies your claim for coverage, so use that time to get yourself checked by a professional.
Signing Settlement Documents without an Attorney
Regardless of how empathetic your insurance adjuster might seem to you, make sure to be on your guard with them and hire reliable, professional help. Otherwise, they might try to trick you into signing documents that reduce your compensation to refute your claim. So, hire a personal injury lawyer in Costa Mesa and let them study the documents before signing them.
Leaving the Scene of the Accident
Even if you have suffered from minor injuries, make sure to look for witness accounts and video footage of the accident to strengthen your personal injury claim. If you leave the scene early, you might miss the opportunity to do so. Contact the police to file a report right away so that the insurance company cannot use your inaction against you.
Not Hiring an Attorney
Don’t shy away from hiring a lawyer to fight for your claim. Many Costa Mesa personal injury lawyers offer free consultations to ensure the client has a thorough understanding of their injuries and the amount they should demand as compensation. Moreover, their in-depth knowledge of the complexities of law will only help you will your case.
Tactics When Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Costa Mesa
Each personal injury case in Orange County is unique as the process that follows the injury varies based on the intensity of the injury or grievance. However, insurance companies have ample resources to hire the finest defense attorneys to weaken your claim in most cases.
Here are some tactics that you need to remain aware of as they can result in your personal injury claim getting dismissed:
- Offering premature settlements to avoid more liability
- Unsolicited advice and intimidation to make the victim rethink their claim
- Prolonging the civil litigation process to encourage a reduced settlement
- Misrepresenting the victim’s statements to shift the blame on them
- Contesting the existence of the sustained injuries or attributing them to some preexisting medical condition
- Misleading injury victims
- Placing the victim under surveillance to invalidate their personal injury claim
Hire a Reliable Costa Mesa Personal Injury Attorney
As a claimant, the only way for you to gain an advantage over a legally strong insurance company is to obtain the services of a trusted and experienced Costa Mesa, personal injury lawyer from Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys. When you work with us, you can rest assured that we will facilitate your insurance negotiations and handle the complex legalities of your Orange County case.
However, make sure to collect the resources to hire a reliable lawyer quickly since the statute of limitation to file a personal injury case is two years from the date of the injury in California. This limitation includes the case of wrongful death.
Recovering Damages from a Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawsuit
When you suffer a personal injury in Orange County, it can lead to several economic and non-economic damages that you can then recover in the form of compensation. Here are some common damage claims a victim of personal injury can include in their lawsuit:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of first responder-treatment, transport, physician and surgical treatment, tests and scans, prescriptions, physical therapy bills, and more
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning owing to injury
- Property damage, such as the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle in a car accident that resulted in your personal injury
- Physical pain
- Emotional duress
- Loss of consortium – damages that you can collect on behalf of the injured individual’s spouse for loss of companionship or physical intimacy
- Loss of enjoyment due to the injury keeping you from activities you enjoy
Factors That Determine Costa Mesa Personal Injury Settlement
There is no one set amount that the claimant receives in a personal injury claim because each case is assessed based on the expenses and impacts on the claimant’s life.
However, here are some factors that might affect the overall amount you receive in the settlement:
- The insurance amount the defendant/at-fault individual or entity has. After all, you can seek a judgment against them without insurance, but it will be quite challenging to collect.
- Your age and income at the time of the accident. Many damages in a personal injury case are calculated based on the amount of income you stand to lose because of your injury. From this perspective, if you earn well, you will likely be paid more in compensation than someone who is just starting in their career or someone who has retired.
- Your enduring patience with the legal proceedings. Some clients are too impatient and end up accepting a settlement amount that is nowhere close to the compensation they could have gotten in damages. If you have an excellent Costa Mesa personal injury lawyer, they will help you make the right decision at the right time to help you receive the appropriate compensation.
FAQs Related to Costa Mesa Personal Injury Attorneys
Here are some questions that potential personal injury claimants ask our law firm quite frequently:
If I file a personal injury lawsuit in Costa Mesa, will I have to go to court?
Ideally, you will not have to visit the court since about 95% of civil cases get resolved with out-of-court settlement agreements. At Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys, we have the expertise needed to resolve your personal injury lawsuit in your favor without any litigation. We will submit a demand package to the at-fault party’s insurance provider outlining the case details, injuries, and resultant expenses.
The insurance provider will receive the package and either accept the claim and pay the value, reject it and refuse payment, or offer a settlement amount. If they refuse to pay, we will officially file a legal claim in court. In most cases, the official paperwork is enough to bring the at-fault party to the negotiation. If they offer a low settlement, we will negotiate with them until we can reach an amount that can cover the damages you suffered.
Can I use my employer in case of a workplace injury?
In the US, most employers have a workers’ compensation policy in place. It’s a no-fault policy that covers your wage replacement and medical treatment if you suffer an at-work injury along. If you have this policy in place, you will need to waive your right to seek compensation for workplace injuries via a civil claim. However, if your injury occurred due to a third party, such as an outsider at the workplace, then you can file a civil suit. You can also file a personal injury lawsuit if your employer does not have an active workers’ compensation policy despite being required by the law to have one.
Will I have to pay taxes on my personal injury settlement?
The Internal Revenue Service does not consider awards or settlements in personal injury cases as income, and hence, it does not tax this amount. However, you will have to pay taxes on punitive damages that are not related to the impacts and expenses of the injury. You receive these damages as compensation for the gross negligence of the at-fault party that resulted in your injury.
How Can Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys Help You?
Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys have more than 15 years of experience in the law business. Our law firm has represented numerous personal injury claimants in Costa Mesa and successfully recovered their compensation in damages. We have the expertise and vast knowledge needed to file and represent you in a wide range of personal injury accidents and provide you with the compensation you deserve.
We are highly aggressive in our approach while remaining ethical to safeguard your legal interests. Our seasoned team of personal injury lawyers in Costa Mesa will use the latest and successful litigation strategies to recover your losses and exceed your expectations.
So, are you ready to speak with a Costa Mesa Lawyer near you to file your rightful personal injury claim? Get in touch with Chris and Frank Accident Attorneys today to discuss your case and the appropriate course of action needed to obtain justice and due damages!
Actual Client Testimonials
“This firm made every effort to take care of my situation. They helped me to keep my faith strong. I am very proud of the work they do.” Cynthia H.
Client Review: 5/5
Check out more reviews on Google!